Mission and Bylaws
Our Mission is
- Primarily to instruct, train and inform government financial managers in
the field of accounting, auditing, budgeting, and financial management. This
continuing education process will provide for the professional development
of the government financial managers so that they may better serve the
- To encourage and provide educational events for the interchange of ideas
among financial managers in the government service and among government and
nongovernment financial managers.
- To contribute to the advancement of financial management principles and
standards and through educational events promote appropriate utilization of
financial management methods and techniques to improve management control
and accountability to the public.
- To bring together professional financial managers in the government and
the community for educational and other constructive endeavors.
- To promote the observance of professional standards and ethics in the
accomplishment of government financial management activities.